Circadian Poems

A place to celebrate poetry, poets, and the creative spirit.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Why?

WHY
by Rachelle Arlin Credo


As a tear ran down my cheek
I wondered innocently to myself
What the possible reason could be
Why you left me alone and dreary

I wondered just what you saw
That propelled you to go
Or perhaps just what I said
That pushed you to leave

I wanted to know the reason why
You had to say goodbye
Question after question filled my mind
Hoping answers I would find

You told me you loved me
And that you'd always be there for me
Now I wonder why you lied
The truth, why you tried to hide

As I lay in my bed at night
I still wonder with all my might
Still asking the same query over and over again
Why you had to leave me in excruciating pain

BIOGRAPHY:

Rachelle Arlin Credo
is a writer/poet from the
Philippines. She writes on a variety of topics for
print and online publications. Feel free to check her
website at http://www.rachelle.co.nr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home