Circadian Poems

A place to celebrate poetry, poets, and the creative spirit.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

To The One Who Broke My Heart

TO THE ONE WHO BROKE MY HEART
("Were" Is The Word)
by Sheryl Joy P. Olaño
You had my heart...
You were my soul... Y
ou were the air I breathed
And everything beautiful

You were my beginning
But chose to be my ending
When you left and tore
My dreams apart

I didn't understand back then
You needed a life where you
Wouldn't have to pretend
A life without me
No, I didn't understand

I forgot that you were also
A human being
Capable of hurting and of being
Hurt

Your leaving I mistook
Thought no one could ever love me
The way I loved you J
ust because I plainly wasn't
Good enough for you

I didn't know that
Out of the ruins, out of
The one you left behind
You gave me a new beginning
That out of the pain,
You showed me truth
Out of your leaving
You gave me hope
Out of the loneliness
And the lack of you,
You gave me a chance
To live my life
Oh, I was given the world When you faded from my side

Then I was free
Free to see so much beauty
Much more than what I saw in you
Free to fulfill
What I can be
That was wasted
When I was confined in you
To stand alone when I used to
Live because of you

Your leaving took away
The fear of losing you
As well as the thinking that
Your loving me
Was all I needed to know
I thought I never could
Imagine life without you
But now I know better…
There is a life Even after you





Sheryl Joy P. Olaño is a journalism graduate and now working as a junior editor in publishing company CannonCreek Asia Incorporated, where she deals with business news writing. She is also a contributor to the Philippine newspaper Sun Star Daily Cebu, www.poetrypoem.com, www.writing.com, ezine and goarticles. She writes essays,
short stories, poetry and sometimes novels.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger parang_ehwan said…

    a ng tulang ito ah.. nakaka relate ako.. thanks.. na search ko lang to sa google..

    www.orvillebarba.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home