Circadian Poems

A place to celebrate poetry, poets, and the creative spirit.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Care-less

CARE-LESS
By Wren Fallon


You don’t care that I love you

You’d rather love someone else

You don’t care that I love you

You push me away in self-defense.


You prefer them young and dumb

enough to be manipulative.

You prefer them shallow and false;

it gives you more initiative.



I watch you self-destruct

When all I can do is stand by.

You rather trade love for pain

You will never see me cry.



A real emotion frightens you

And so you run away.

But I am real and I am strong,

My love will find its day.



There is no future with you

Somehow it’s no surprise.

Someday I’ll love one who loves me back

On that I will not compromise.



Your eyes are shallow as puddles

Your kiss is clumsy and dry

Your touch is heavy and hurtful

I no longer want to know why.



I loved you once; I do no longer

I turn and walk away.

Where I once was a hole exists

Your patch will only fray.



Wren Fallon likes to play with words and see what happens. She has neither a blog nor a website, and that’s the way she likes it.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger Aelee said…

    her free form is full of imagery and emotion that only a few keep inside..she manages quite noteworthy tp put it all out there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home