Circadian Poems

A place to celebrate poetry, poets, and the creative spirit.

Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year's Wreath

Welcome to a fresh year of Circadian Poems!

Many thanks to Pamela Taylor for starting us off so beautifully this year:



New Year’s Wreath
By Pamela K. Taylor

For New Year’s Day
I hang a wreath
Of bittersweet berries
Orange and red
To color drab winter days
Hint of daffodils and tulips to come
Remind of flaming leaves faded away
This year my oldest daughter turns sweet sixteen
My baby turns seven
There are days when I burst with joy
To see them growing up
And days when I weep
Oh! For them to be babies again!


Pamela Taylor is a free-lance writer, author and poet. She is Director of the Islamic Writers Alliance, and co-Chair of the Progressive Muslim Union. She lives in Indianapolis with one husband, four kids, two cats and a handful of fish. Her website is: www.pktaylor.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home