Circadian Poems

A place to celebrate poetry, poets, and the creative spirit.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Wait

The Wait

by Sandy Jones


In anticipation I wait for the end
of our time
Together.

When I am no longer plagued
by these feelings
Within me.

When your eyes no longer hold
mine captive
Reluctantly.

And your face no longer haunts
my dreams.



In anticipation I wait for my life
to be my own
Again.

When I stop struggling to catch
a glimpse of you
Everywhere.

When my heart can rest from its
pounding
At the sight of you.

And your touch no longer thrills me
into ecstasy.


Sandy L Jones writes paranormal fiction, poetry, and has plans for a children's inspirational series. You can visit her on her website www.sandyljones.com or her blog www.sandyljones.com/Blog This is her first poem to be published.
(My apologies to Sandy Jones -- Blogger will not support the format in which the poem was submitted -- I cannot change alignments or size within the poem)

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home