Circadian Poems

A place to celebrate poetry, poets, and the creative spirit.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Life is a Storm

Life is a Storm
By Patricia Gallant

When will the raging ache in my body ease?
When will the rain of pain in my heart stop?
When will the storm in my soul cease?
When will the sunshine clear the clouds of my mind?
The thunder that is my life floods me with grief.
The stress drowns my spirit.
The winds whip me into despair.
The lightning shocks my brain.
The tempest torments me.
The deluge drops me into darkness.
I live as a town flattened by a hurricane.
There is nothing left but the oceans of tears,
The rivers of fear,
The sea of sadness,
The turmoil of life.
When will I find my island of relief
The place of peace and happiness
Where no storm dares to touch down?
(March 31, 2005)

Patricia Gallant is a mother of two daughters from Ontario, Canada. Her first poem was published in the Toronto Star Newspaper in 1978. She writes poetry when the mood strikes. She is currently working on a novel.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Dawn said…

    Loved your poem Pat. What a perfect way to describe our lives as we live with the constant pain & health problems that go with Fibromyalgia & arthritis.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home