Circadian Poems

A place to celebrate poetry, poets, and the creative spirit.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Brunette

Brunette
By Colin Galbraith

Nursing a pint
and a quiet thought,
writing loose words
in a tranquil spot.
She sat down beside me
with a bottle of beer,
pulled out a menthol
flicked her hair.
I couldn't resist
to offer a light,
she turned on her chair
filled me with might.
"What are you doing?"
said she to I,
"I'm writing a poem
to remember you by".


Colin Galbraith has seen many poems of his poems published. His first chapbook, Brick by Brick, was published in April 2005 and a second chapbook about the recent Edinburgh Festival is scheduled for release on December 2. . He can be contact through his website: http://www.colingalbraith.co.uk or his daily blog: http://freedomfromthemundane.blogspot.com

3 Comments:

  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Defiant said…

    very intresting im also an aspiering poet check out my blog and tell me what you think
    www.d-fiant.blogspot.com

    peace

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Son_of_Mars said…

    I like the poem. I love poetry and sadly am not a very good one. However, you may be interested in checking out my site. Let me know what you think of the poems by Son_of_Mars. Maybe you could give me some tips. Thanks.

    www.poemexchange.blogspot.com

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Debra Young said…

    Lovely, Colin. I like its dry and humorous tone. d:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home