Circadian Poems

A place to celebrate poetry, poets, and the creative spirit.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

October 6 Poetry News

Thursdays are reserved for poetry news. Publications can send in contest information or submission guidelines; individuals can send info on readings, publications, and other news of interest. I will post info regarding various sites I come across that might be of interest, and information about the site. I’m eager to help spread the word about your achievements! And happy to point our readers to other publications which support poetry.

For instance:

I could still fit in one or two short Halloween verses for our Halloween poems day, although I have, I think, a half a dozen. If you want to submit 10 lines or less, you can still do so until the end of this week.

I’d also like to post some short verse, again 10 lines or less on the following days:

Mon. Nov. 21 for American Thanksgiving (deadline Oct. 21)

And

Mon. Dec. 19 for the December holidays (Yule, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Hanukah, and anything else that falls in that time frame). Deadline: Nov. 19.

There is still room for essays and articles on certain Tuesdays in November and December.

Sites worth checking out:

A Passion For Peace
http://www.apassionforpeace.com

Poets Against War
http://www.poetsagainstthewar.org



Also, make a note of these dates:

The site will rest for the holidays from Tuesday, Nov. 22 – Sunday November 27 in honor of American Thanksgiving;

And

From Tuesday, December 20 through Sunday, January 1, 2006 for the holidays.

Further announcement for October of this year:

I am working on a television pilot during scattered days this month, and there will be days when I am away from the computer. I will do my darndest to load the features for the days I expect to miss ahead of time, so that they will be up as scheduled.

For instance, I will be away from the computer most of the day on Oct. 11 and all day Oct. 12 & 13. Therefore, early on the morning of Oct. 11, I will load the features for the 11, 12, and 13th. I expect to be back by mid-day on the 14th, and will upload that day’s feature as soon as I get to my office.

If you have news you’d like included in the weekly Thursday posting, please email it to me here with the subject line “Poetry News”.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home